Gemma acts on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions but has specialised in private equity transactions for the last nine years.
She has advised a number of private equity clients including Bridgepoint, Bridgepoint Development Capital, ICG, Phoenix Private Equity, Livingbridge, Langholm, Inflexion, ECI, Kester Capital and Silverfleet on executing their investments, managing their portfolio companies during the life of their investments and helping them to deliver successful exits.
Gemma also works with management teams supporting them on their equity arrangements on new investments, renegotiations of those equity arrangements, assisting them with bolt-on acquisitions and group re-organisations and generally supporting them throughout the life of their business.
- Advising the KPMG Pensions Partners on the carve out of their business from KPMG and the subsequent investment by Exponent
- Advising the management of Zedra on the recent investment by Corsair Capital
- Acting for Phoenix Private Equity on their acquisition of Nineteen Events and a number of subsequent bolt on investments.
- Acting for a private equity house on their investment in a dental group
- Acting for Inflexion on the equity aspects of their investment in Chambers & Partners
- Advising Eli Global on their acquisition of the Damovo Group
- Advising Longacre Group on their acquisition of Incodia
- Advising Junior Adventure Group on the equity arrangements following their expansion into the UK market
- Advising the majority investor in Starling Bank on a number of fund raising rounds
- Acting for Livingbridge on the expansion of their investee company, Sykes Cottages, into New Zealand
- April 2020 ICEAW's Corporate Financier Desire Path Feature on my career and ambitions for the future
"Rising star associate Gemma Phillips is hailed as 'the best lawyer period' by one enthusiastic client and already boasts experience handling mandates from the likes of Inflexion Private Equity and Pheonix Equity Partners
A lot of lawyers we use are very focused on the minutiae of detail and are unable to see big picture. To this contrary, this team is very strong in understanding both the detail and how all the parts fit together. Gemma Phillips in particular is exceptional"
Legal 500, Private Equity Transactions – Mid Tier – Up to £250m in London, 2019