Peter's experience sees him advising developers, investors, funders and occupiers across the full range of real estate transactions, with a particular focus on commercial and mixed-use development and regeneration projects.
He is also a member of the firm's Energy and Utilities Group, having specialised in the energy sector since 2008 and he leads the team of real estate lawyers working on energy projects. Peter's experience is across a wide range of energy technologies including wind, solar, biomass, anaerobic digestion and energy from waste.
Examples of Peter's work include:
- advising a collaboration of landowners including Horncastle Group and BAE Systems on the development of a 100 acre site designed to accommodate new homes, retail space, leisure uses, commercial and industrial businesses together with supporting amenities;
- acting for Carillion-igloo on their award winning development of approximately 250 homes and commercial space on six waterfront sites at Ouseburn, Newcastle in conjunction with Newcastle City Council and the Homes and Communities Agency;
- advising London Luton Airport Limited on the development of the £200 million Direct Air to Rail Transit system which will transport passengers between Luton Airport Parkway station and London Luton Airport;
- acting for Peel Energy on Frodsham Windfarm, which has a total installed capacity of more than 50MW, making it one of England’s largest onshore generating stations;
- advising Spencer Group on its development of Energy Works, a 24MW waste gasification project in Hull
- University of Leicester, LLB Hons, 2001