Peter's experience sees him advising developers, investors and occupiers across the full range of real estate transactions, with a particular focus on commercial, residential and mixed-use development and regeneration projects, including those involving partnering and joint venture arrangements. Peter is a member of our Ports group, advising port owners and operators, and he is also a member of our Energy group, having worked on projects across all key technologies in the energy sector for over 12 years.
His experience includes:
- Acting for PFP-igloo on their award winning development of approximately 250 homes and commercial space on six waterfront sites at Ouseburn, Newcastle in conjunction with Newcastle City Council and the Homes and Communities Agency and also, separately, on their joint venture with Newcastle City Council for the £104m mixed-use regeneration of its strategic Stephenson Quarter site behind Central Station, Newcastle.
- Advising ENGIE on development schemes including the proposed canal-side redevelopment of the Crown Trading Estate in Hayes for a residential led mixed-use scheme comprising circa 400 build to rent and affordable residential units together with commercial space.
- Acting for Richardson on their build to rent and commercial redevelopment of the Tower Works site in Holbeck, Leeds, with the site to be developed pursuant to building leases from Homes England and to be sold on a forward funded basis to a pension fund.
- Advising Vita Student on the acquisition, development and forward funding of purpose built student accommodation schemes.
- Advising a collaboration of landowners including BAE Systems and Horncastle Group (also acting as master developer) on the development of a 125 acre site adjoining the Humber Estuary in East Yorkshire, comprising new homes, retail space, leisure uses, commercial and industrial businesses together with supporting amenities and a primary school.
- Acting for the purchaser of Omega Warrington Limited in relation to the £1 billion long term development scheme at Omega Warrington.
- Advising Associated British Ports in connection with matters across their ports estate throughout the UK together with their property development business bringing forward development opportunities for land no longer required for their ports operations.
- Acting for Redcar Bulk Terminal in connection with the grant of leases of their port estate.
- Advising Aviva Investors in connection with their investment into various energy from waste schemes.
- Acting for the developers of the £200 million Yorkshire Energy Park scheme.