Louise has specialised in real estate dispute resolution since 1997. She was admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2003.
Louise advises on a wide range of issues, from general estate management matters to more contentious and complex property related disputes, advising both landlords and tenants as well as property developers. Louise's experience includes acting for fund manager clients on all contentious aspects of their asset management work, including lease renewals, recovery of possession, service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, break disputes and arrears recovery/tenant insolvency issues. She also advises on trespass/boundary disputes and adverse possession claims, general enforcement of covenant claims and the interpretation of contracts.
Louise has particular expertise in the field of residential tenancies including the issues arising from mixed use schemes and assured shorthold tenancies.
- Louise acted for a major fund manager client defending a claim by its tenant for an injunction to restrain development on a retail park.
- Louise has advised a local property developer on a strategy to obtain vacant possession of a residential development site occupied by a telecoms mast.
- Louise advised the tenant of an industrial unit on a dispute arising from its operation of a conditional break option, assisting the client to negotiate settlement terms without the need for litigation.
- Louise acted for a supermarket client in relation to its application for renewal of its lease of a strategic store where the landlord was opposing the grant of a new tenancy on redevelopment grounds. This required a careful strategy to ensure the client's success at trial. The landlord withdrew its ground of opposition shortly before trial, entitling the client to a new tenancy.
- Louise acts for a significant clothing retailer on all contentious isssues arising out of the occupation of its large property portfolio.