Louise has specialised in real estate dispute resolution since 1997. She was admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in 2003.
Louise advises on a wide range of issues, from general estate management matters to more contentious and complex property related disputes, advising both landlords and tenants as well as property developers. Louise's experience includes acting for fund manager clients on all contentious aspects of their asset management work, including lease renewals, recovery of possession, service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, break disputes and arrears recovery/tenant insolvency issues. She also advises on trespass/boundary disputes and adverse possession claims, general enforcement of covenant claims and the interpretation of contracts.
Louise has particular expertise in the field of residential tenancies including the issues arising from mixed use schemes and assured shorthold tenancies.
- Louise acted for a major fund manager client defending a claim by its tenant for an injunction to restrain development on a retail park.
- Acting for a household name retailer in relation to a dispute regarding rights of way over an access road to the rear of the client’s property.
- Advising an overseas company in relation to its redevelopment of a 36,000 sq ft central London property to produce a highly sustainable and progressive office building, which involves termination of access rights, negotiations with neighbouring owners in relation to party walls, and landlord’s consent for works relating to a leasehold part of the property
- Louise acted for a supermarket client in relation to its application for renewal of its lease of a strategic store where the landlord was opposing the grant of a new tenancy on redevelopment grounds. This required a careful strategy to ensure the client's success at trial. The landlord withdrew its ground of opposition shortly before trial, entitling the client to a new tenancy.
- Louise acts for a significant clothing retailer on all contentious isssues arising out of the occupation of its large property portfolio.
- Professional Memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of the Property Litigation Association