Patricia is a very experienced property litigator. She trained at AG and qualified into the real estate litigation team in 2001. She specialises in all forms of property litigation and associated advisory work and acts for a wide range of the firm's clients.
Patricia's expertise includes advising on opposed and unopposed 1954 Act renewals; acting for both landlords and tenants on high value dilapidations claims; contentious lease break advice; boundary disputes; trespass claims and advising on all forms of property management disputes, including disputes relating to residential property. She also advises landlord clients on residential leaseholders' rights of first refusal under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987.
Patricia has particular expertise and interest in dealing with distressed property and she works very closely with the firm's Restructuring team, regularly advising Insolvency Practitioners on a broad range of property management issues, including possession claims.
Patricia's recent experience includes:
- acting for a leading European real estate investment company on a high value dilapidations claim resulting in a settlement of in excess of £1m for our investor client.
- acting for Administrators appointed over a number of UK based shopping centres advising on a range of property disputes across the centres.
- advising a privately owned sports club facing landlord's opposition to a renewal lease under 'own occupation' ground (g) of the Landlord and Tenant 1954 Act.
- advising a tenant corporate occupier on a surplus property exit strategy in the context of a conditional lease break, including a 'material compliance with covenants' condition.
- acting for a key Northern based property owning company on a range of litigious and potentially litigious issues, including both opposed and unopposed lease renewals.
- Professional Memberships
- Property Litigation Association