Homam Khoshaim is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial team, covering Saudi Arabia. He advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, JVs and corporate advisory matters, IPOs and other ECM transactions. He also has a specialised expertise in competition & anti-trust matters.
Homam provides advice across a wide range of industries, with a particular focus on FS, TMT, fintech and payments sectors.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Homam has practiced at the London and Riyadh offices of major US firms. He is a New York qualified attorney, Solicitor of England & Wales and is licensed to practice in KSA by the Ministry of Justice.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS/ANTI-TRUST
- The Public Investment Fund (PIF), in connection with the acquisition of a number of mobile towers and associated infrastructure of Zain Saudi Arabia, a mobile network operator in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The PIF, in connection with its joint venture to establish an internet of things company with stc Group.
- Jadwa Investment, in its acquisition of an e-commerce business headquartered in Kuwait with operations in the Kingdom, Qatar and Bahrain.
- Applus Group, in its acquisition of the entire share capital of Soil and Foundation Company Limited and Geotechnical and Environmental Company from their founding partners.
- Emaar, The Economic City, in connection with its capital increase by way of debt conversion and issuance of new shares to the PIF.
- SIG Combibloc Group, in its acquisition of SIG Combibloc Obeikan, a KSA-based company offering filling and packaging products for beverages and liquid food with operations in the UAE and Egypt.
- Riyad Bank, in its attempted merger with the National Commercial Bank.
- BATIC Investments and Logistics Company, in its attempted acquisition of a number of companies and assets by way of a capital increase and share swap. Confidential, in its acquisition of a significant minority stake in a regional media company.
- Successfully obtained economic concentration clearances from the Saudi Arabian General Authority for Competition in connection with multiple national and global M&A transactions.
- VentureSouq, as advisor to the Business Incubator & Accelerator Company in its SAR 4 million investment in Lucidya, a Saudi Arabian based social media analytics company.
- Saudi Technology Ventures (STV), the largest VC in the Middle East, as co-investor with Kingdom Holdings, Al Tayyar Group and Rakuten, in the US$ 200 million Series F financing for Careem.
- STV, in the US$ 21 million Series A financing for Unifonic, a leading cloud communications startup, the largest Series A financing in the history of the Middle East.
- STV, in the US$ 12 million Series C financing for Vezeeta, the leading MENA healthcare startup.
EQUITY/DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS
- Elm Co., in its SAR 3 billion IPO on Tadawul.
- Solutions by STC, in its SAR 3.6 billion IPO on Tadawul.
- EIG Pearl Holdings S.à r.l., on its inaugural dual-tranche bond offering, comprising $1.25 billion 3.545% Senior Secured Bonds due 2036 and $1.25 billion 4.387% Senior Secured Bonds due 2046.
- The underwriters for Saudi Arabian Oil Company’s US$ 25.6 billion IPO on Tadawul, the largest IPO in history.
- The underwriters for Saudi Arabian Oil Company’s US$ 12 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S Global Medium bond issuance.
- Maharah Human Resources Company, in its SAR 776 million IPO on Tadawul.
- HSBC Saudi Arabia, as underwriter to the SAR 348 million Ataa Educational Company IPO on Tadawul.
- Various clients, in connection with their financial regulatory filings with the Saudi Central Bank to obtain payment services provider licenses pursuant to the Payment Services Provider Regulations.
- The National Center for Privatization in certain privatization projects with the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.
- The Local Content and Government Procurement Authority, in drafting its local content implementing regulations of the Government Procurement Regulations.