Andrew joined Addleshaw Goddard as an Associate in the Commercial Team in April 2018.
Andrew's experience includes experience in both private practice and in-house environments.
Andrew has experience in advising a range of clients across the private sector and public sector on a variety of commercial, IP and data protection issues. His experience includes advising on commercial contracts, e-commerce arrangements (including sales to consumers), IP licences, software licences, support and maintenance agreements, and data protection compliance (including the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)).
Key recent instructions include:
- Advising a major vehicle manufacturer on a significant sale of buses to a public authority in New Zealand.
- Advising a leading provider of public services on the procurement of SaaS and support services for its IT infrastructure.
- Advising a major UK department store on the introduction of a nationwide electronic point of sale and stock management system for its store and warehouse network.
- Advising a major UK retailer on the introduction of a number of concessions to its stores.
- Advising a US clothing brand on the operation of its European e-commerce websites (including advice in respect of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and related regulations and the GDPR.
- Advising a FTSE100 "Big Four" supermarket on a variety of commercial matters, including the introduction of new customer store websites, and a significant installation of plant and machinery at its manufacturing sites.
- Advising a market leading food service wholesaler and convenience store operator on its GDPR compliance programme.
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Year qualified
- BA (Hons) Economics, Northumbria University
- GDL and LPC, Leeds Beckett University