Luke is a managing associate in our GCC construction team where he has been permanently based for most of his career. Luke specialises in construction and engineering dispute resolution. He advises international clients from the rail, energy, infrastructure and leisure sectors across the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
Luke has a strong focus on high value infrastructure arbitrations, with a particular focus on the transport sector. He is also experienced in litigation, mediation and adjudication. Luke has advised employers, contractors and consultants.
Luke has a strong grasp on disputes involving significant numbers of disputed variations and associated delay claims, having most recently advised a major engineering consultancy on matters spanning 95 separate project milestones. Delays were related to Geotechnical, MEP, structural and architectural disciplines for a major infrastructure project in the GCC. Luke is also experienced at advising on issues of termination, suspension, defects and final accounts.
- Assisting one of the world's largest design and engineering consultants on a $165m variation and extension of time arbitration claim arising out of a major infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar. Issues have centred around contractual claims and their interpretation under Qatari law. Where necessary, working alongside local Qatari counsel to achieve the client's aims
- Acting for an international EPC contractor in a multi-million-dollar series of linked disputes arising out of claims in respect of an energy from waste multi-fuel power plant. The claim was in respect of a large number of variations, the resulting extension of time and additional payment claims
- Advising a European multi-national energy company in a £115m ($160m) breach of warranty claim in respect of a coal fired power station in the UK
- Representing an international EPC contractor in respect of a non-payment, delay and variation claim in respect of a high value, prestigious hotel and residences in Dubai. Developed interim claims and advice on DIFC arbitration preparation
- Acting for a GCC based JV in a $20m dispute regarding delays to utilities installations, and bridge and road construction in Oman
- French - good command
- Professional Qualifications
Solicitor admitted in England and Wales