Michael specialises in corporate and real estate taxation and structuring. He has extensive experience advising on tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, restructuring, joint ventures, property investment, property development, employment taxes and tax disputes.
Michael is described as "first-rate" in The Legal 500, where he is classed as a leading individual.
- Professional memberships
- The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- The property taxes sub-committee of CIOT
- The Stamp Taxes Practitioners' Group
- Law Society qualification date: 2000
- Nottingham Law School - Legal Practice Course (Distinction) (1997 to 1998)
- Manchester Metropolitan University - Common Professional Examination with commendation (1996 to 1997)
- Hertford College, Oxford - Modern History (2:1 Honours) (1992 to 1995)