Carmen qualified into the Private Capital team in September 2019, and specialises in private client, trusts and charity law. Having trained with the firm, Carmen benefited from a broad training experience which included a six month secondment to the in-house legal team of a large retail client.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising on lifetime tax planning, the preparation of Wills, the establishment of trusts and the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Advising executors, trustees and beneficiaries on the administration of trusts and estates, including the duties of trustees and executors.
- Advising on a range of charity law issues, including:
- establishing and incorporating new charities and trading subsidiaries;
- the use of fundraising and commercial participation agreements;
- advising on compliance with trustee duties and governance through litigious proceedings and the making of Serious Incident Reports to the Charity Commission;
- advising banks and other corporate entities in their dealing with charities, including in relation to property transactions and lending to charities; and
- options available to trustees for dealing with permanently endowed funds.