Martin specialises in providing tax and structuring advice in the context of mergers and acquisitions, particularly for owner managed businesses and private equity. He has particular experience of supporting owner managed and family managed businesses throughout their life cycle from start-up, development, to investment and disposal. He also specialises in real estate tax, with advice ranging from SDLT and VAT on property disposals to structuring complicated joint venture developments. He also advises on non-UK investment into the UK real estate.
Martin has a niche in employment tax as well as the designing and implementation of share incentive arrangements. These range from government approved schemes for smaller growth companies to more complex geared growth arrangements for larger and listed clients.
Martin's clients include Alpha FX Group Plc, Marks & Spencers, Skipton Building Society, private equity house, LDC, as well as a range of family and owner managed businesses.
Recent experience includes:
- advising Dutch private equity house, Avedon, and its portfolio company, Kinly, on the acquisition of the AVMI Group;
- advising LDC on their management buy-out of Global Autocare Limited;
- advising the sellers of Cooper Holdings on their disposal to the PIB Group;
- implementing and executing management incentive programmes for Alpha FX Group Plc and Stobart Group; and
- advice for numerous household names on the implementation and compliance with the new IR35 rules.
- Year Qualified
- University College London, 2004
- Professional Memberships
- Member of Share Plan Lawyers group