Katherine is experienced in the full range of real estate transactional work, with particular emphasis on cross border transactional real estate matters. Katherine has particular expertise in commercial leasing and the property aspects of telecommunications.
She has worked on secondment to a blue chip FTSE 100 client gaining not only first class technical experience but also invaluable commercial insight and experience in providing pragmatic legal support to clients.
Katherine is dual qualified and also a notary public.
- Advising a leading telecommunications company in relation to projects, acquisitions and disposals and general asset management across their UK property portfolio.
- Working as part of the team providing advice in relation to the SDLT and LBTT requirements for the acquisition of cross-border property portfolios.
- Supervising a lease reporting exercise for a national retailer's portfolio of 555 properties throughout the UK.
- Assisting with all aspects of the acquisition and subsequent refinance of a cross-border portfolio of 90 properties all let to a national retailer.
- Ongoing asset management work for a number of clients with UK-wide property interests.
- Acting for clients on the surrender, underletting and assignment of properties within leasehold liability portfolios in the banking, retail and leisure sectors.
- University of Edinburgh (2004-2008) - Bachelor of Law (Hons)
- University of Hamburg, Germany (2006-2007) – Erasmus study abroad programme – German and International Law
- University of Edinburgh (2009) – Diploma in Legal Practice
- Year qualified:
- Scotland - 2011
- England and Wales - 2016