Gemma has experience working for a wide range of clients but most regularly for a number of financial institutions. She has been involved in complex, high value disputes for major UK banks and have also worked on investigations by UK authorities for corporate clients.
Gemma also completed an 11 month secondment at a high street bank, with a focus on dealing with claims alleging mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for a major UK bank defending a £100m claim brought by a high-net-worth individual. The claim included allegations of economic duress, breach of contract and intimidation.
- Acting for a major high street bank defending claims alleging breaches of the Equality Act 2010.
- Advising banks on matters relating to customer exits, including issues arising under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in relation to a multi-jurisdictional HMRC investigation involving money laundering allegations.
- Acting for a major high street bank in its defence of a claim alleging the mis-sale of multiple interest rate hedging products.