Andy is a Legal Director in the Manchester Real Estate team specialising in Real Estate Disputes. Andy has over fifteen years' experience in a broad range of issues for both landlord and tenants with a primary focus on Institutional landlords.
His work covers all aspects of estate management including Landlord and Tenant issues (such as forfeiture, commercial lease renewals, dilapidations, break notices and service charge disputes), commercial debt recovery and property related insolvency issues. He is experienced in dealing with issues relating to the protection of assets and their value including dealing with access issues (rights of way and other easements), boundary disputes, possession proceedings (trespass) and the enforcement of rights benefitting clients' property.
Andy also regularly advises on issues relating to Rights of Light for both developers and affected parties.
In addition Andy also has extensive experience of project management work on non-contentious property portfolio sales.
- Andy acts for a number of institutional landlords with large and varied property portfolios, including office, retail and industrial premises (both multi and single let). He provides tailored and commercial advice on all types of Landlord and Tenant, and estate management issues to assist with the maintenance of income streams and the maximisation of investment values for those clients.
- Andy acts for a large national supermarket chain providing advice on complex matters outside of usual estate management issues.
- Any has particular expertise in Rights of Light matters and has obtained excellent result for both neighbouring land owners and tenants, and land owners/developers by utilising his knowledge of the areas of law and both offensive and defensive tactics appropriately.
- Andy has project managed a number of large scale property disposals including the sale of part of a company which owned a large portfolio of food stores, and the disposal of a national pharmacy business (over 700 properties as part of £620m sale). These disposal have required a close working relationship with the wider Real Estate team.
- Andy is highly regarded by clients in respect of his ability to provide risk management and commercial advice which not only taking into account the relevant law, but also a knowledge of their business and the way in which they wish to conduct themselves.
- Year Qualified
- German (basic)
- French (basic)
- Sheffield University – LLB Law (1998-2001)
- Nottingham Law School – LPC (2001-2002)
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Property Litigation Association