Mike heads up our Tier One sector practice and is an independently recognised expert in asset based lending (ABL) including being recognised as a Leading Practitioner in Legal 500, with a particular focus on receivables financing structures. He regularly advises banks and independent financiers as well as borrowers and is familiar with all the industry specific document requirements having been involved in the sector for 20 years. Mike has a longstanding reputation for assisting new start lenders within the sector with documentation suites and advice on best operational practice. Mike is also well known for advising sector lenders on strategic mandates, including portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
Mike regularly advises on Trade Finance and Supply Chain Finance matters for domestic and overseas banks, UK and international corporates and specialist financiers. Mike has advised a number of Fintech businesses on the launch of receivables financing businesses and specialist institutions on the provision of Islamic Finance facilities. Mike also regularly works with lenders for the provision of structured turnaround facilities and to assist with portfolio clients in distress.
Recent Experience includes:
- Advising Coface Finanz GmbH on the provision of €270,000,000 receivables financing facilities to the Linpac Group
- Advising BNP Paribas Commercial Finance & HSBC Invoice Finance on £70,000,000 asset based lending facilities to Superdry Group.
- Advised Breal Zeta and Leumi ABL on the provision of £53,400,000 asset based lending facilities to Highland Spring
- Advising Barclays Bank Plc on the strategic disposition of their factoring business to 4 Syte Group
- Advising Jubilant Foods Group on $400,000,000 borrowing arrangements with Standard Chartered Bank