Patrick has experience of advising clients on a broad range of contractual, debt, property, commercial landlord/tenant, and commercial utility disputes. Patrick has appeared at numerous Sheriff Court hearings, including pre-service hearings for interim orders, opposed motions, debates, and proofs. He also has experience of instructing Counsel in the Court of Session, and appearing in alternative dispute resolution fora including arbitrations, expert determinations, and mediations.
Outwith work Patrick is a former committee member of the Trainee and Newly Qualified Society, and takes part in an Edinburgh-based pro-bono initiative. He obtained a Masters degree in law while continuing to work full-time as a solicitor.
- Acted for an individual who wished to defend a sequestration action, involving the urgent instruction of Counsel and Court of Session proceedings
- Acting for and against individuals and companies in relation to disputes, including breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud
- Experience of instructing expert witnesses, including surveyors, accountants, and scientific experts
- Advising on the recovery of evidence via the "dawn raid" procedure
- Works closely with the firm's Asset Recovery team to assist clients with legally complex volume debt recovery
- Professional memberships
- Property Litigation Association
- LLM, Univeristy of Edinburgh
- Professional Legal Practice, University of Strathclyde
- LLB Hons, University of Strathclyde
- "Unicorn v HSBC: good faith returns to Scotland?" Edin. L.R. 2018, 22(3), 380-386