Patrick has experience of advising clients on a broad range of contractual, debt, property, commercial landlord/tenant, and commercial utility disputes. Patrick has appeared at numerous Sheriff Court hearings, including pre-service hearings for interim orders, opposed motions, debates, and proofs. He also has experience of instructing Counsel in the Court of Session.
Outwith work Patrick obtained a Masters degree in law while continuing to work full-time as a solicitor.
- Acted for an individual who wished to defend a sequestration action, involving the urgent instruction of Counsel and Court of Session proceedings
- Acting for and against individuals and companies in relation to disputes, including commercial dilapidations, land disputes, breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud
- Experience of instructing expert witnesses, including surveyors, accountants, and scientific experts
- Advising on the recovery of evidence via the "dawn raid" procedure
- Providing clear and pragmatic advice on points arising from the interpretation of statutes
- Professional memberships
- Property Litigation Association