Elizabeth has experience in all aspects of real estate litigation and management work for a wide range of clients. Her work includes advising in relation to complex Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 commercial lease renewals, service charge issues, break notice disputes, dilapidations claims, rent review issues, vacant possession strategies, contract termination, rights of way disputes, rights of light matters and tenant insolvencies.
Elizabeth's highlights include:
- Advising many FTSE 100 clients including a significant retail owning client with a vast shopping centre portfolio. Elizabeth advises on property management issues that arise from those assets. Following a recent £90 million purchase of a shopping centre comprising of over 110 stores, Elizabeth provided a vacant possession strategy to enable a future development of the centre.
- Acting for a number of institutional investors advising them on their commercial property portfolios on property management issues including Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 lease renewals, high value dilapidations claims, break notice disputes, breaches of covenant issues and adverse possession claims.
- Acting for large corporate occupiers including a leading national supermarket on a wide range of issues which arise from their properties both as landlord and tenant. Elizabeth advised them in connection with the removal of car wash operators from 117 stores throughout the United Kingdom.
- Significant experience in advising clients in the context of the retail CVAs and administrations that have been so prevalent.
- Year Qualified
- Sheffield Hallam University – LL.B (Hons) (First Class) (2005)
- BPP Law School, Leeds – LPC (Distinction) (2006)
- Professional membership
- Property Litigation Association