Addleshaw Goddard has announced the appointment of Iain Hindhaugh, a prominent real estate partner who has extensive experience of advising listed property companies such as British Land and other investors including London Metric as well as a range of international investors and funds targeting the London market.
The hire follows a period of growth and investment for AGs Real Estate practice which has recently added British Land, Schroders and National Grid to its client roster, and in the last 12 months advised on over a £1bn of City property deals.
With significant investment through the seven internal partner promotions as well as the growth of AGs Funds and Indirect Real Estate group (a team of 8) the firm has a substantial Real Estate offering, giving it the opportunity to bring on board partners who will add to the teams bench strength in London where the focus has been growing its UK institutional client base as well as targeting overseas investors coming into the City.
Iain, who joins from Jones Day, has vast experience in all aspects of real estate investment, development, and funding work. He has industry expertise in key sectors such as retail, office, residential and logistics. That bedrock is coupled with a growing International focus, which continues to see Iain act for Asian investors on some of the most significant transactions, including advising on more than half of the total number of deals involving Taiwanese insurers investing into London over the course of the last year.
Leona Ahmed, Head of the Real Estate practice at Addleshaw Goddard stated: "Iain's reputation is outstanding and we are delighted that he has chosen to join us. His proven track record advising major PropCos, combined with our existing capability, will be an attractive proposition in the City, where we are deepening our relationships with leading institutional clients, increasing the value we bring to those relationships, and growing our market share.
"With the city of London seeing an influx of investment from international investors, Iain's particular experience is also consistent with our plan to target those opportunities and extend the reach of our Asian Business Group, into markets such as Taiwan and Mainland China to augment our significant client base in the ASEAN and Asia Pacific markets".
AG's Real Estate practice continues to go from strength-to-strength advising on high-profile mandates including:
- The largest office deal in the west End in 2015, advising a Malaysian Sovereign Fund on the disposal of 151 Buckingham Palace Road and GAW Fund Managers on the acquisition of the adjoining building in a simultaneous deal totalling £500m.
- Being appointed as legal contractor to Manchester Airports Group's (MAG) £1bn Manchester Airport Transformation Project (MAN-TP).
- Acting for Carillion-igloo LP in negotiating a development agreement with the Greater London Authority for the development of a floating village at Royal Victoria Dock, London.
- The major refurbishment & redevelopment of the Meadowhall Shopping Centre for British Land
- The appointment to the newest Schroders fund
- The sale of the Gemini Portfolio for the receivers