Responding effectively to online insights
What is social listening?
Social listening involves monitoring social media to find out what is being said about you and your industry and using these insights to improve your business and engage with customers.
What are the opportunities?
- Producing personalised marketing materials
- Measuring marketing campaign success
- Driving product development and innovation
- Monitoring IPR infringement
- Improving customer service
- Crisis management
- Identifying customers, potential customers and influencers
Key legal and practical considerations
- Data subject rights
- Data minimisation
- Lawful basis
- Retention and security
Data scraping: Website operator objections
- Website terms and conditions
- Copyright infringement
- Database Rights
- Other arguments
Service Provider terms
- Intellectual property