In it together
We believe that if you feel recognised, supported and invested in, you will simply achieve more. And we believe that an inclusive culture helps to encourage and shape fresh ideas. For us it's just common sense. It's why we work so hard to help our people to be the best they can be. And it’s how we keep finding imaginative solutions to complex client problems.
Look around AG and you'll find people from every walk of life. A diverse group of original thinkers, decision makers and negotiators who deliver results. And they have one thing in common. In their words, a feeling that we're "in it together" – with each other and with our clients.
That is the culture of AG. We've always been straight talking, friendly, open and a breeding ground for new ideas. But maintaining the very best environment for everyone never stops.
Culture is something best experienced. We're confident you'll find our team a warm, bright and rewarding complement to your own.
What diversity and inclusion means to us
Find out more
We're commited to inclusivity in all its forms and are dedicated
to helping everyone fulfill their potential.
We're always learning, developing and investing in talent, but here are just a few highlights so far:
- We've been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Women 13 times by The Times newspaper.
- Our Mindful Business Charter, developed collaboratively with clients and other law firms to promote healthy and sustainable working practices, now has charitable status and over 80 signatories.
- We are committed to providing spaces for diverse voices to be heard and lived experiences to be shared. We continue to invest in our diversity & inclusion networks, which have over 300 members and have been instrumental in promoting inclusive behaviours across the business.
- Our 'How to Flourish' programme – a long-standing initiative supporting female progression to senior positions in law – recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. So far, hundreds of AG colleagues and clients have taken part.
- More than 800 of our people benefitted from personal development and business skills training last year – 6,193 hours' worth of training courses were delivered.
- As signatories to the Women in Finance Charter (the Charter) we are proud to continue our focus supporting gender balance in the finance sector. When we signed up to the Charter in 2020, we had 31% female representation at senior management level (as per the Charter's definition of "senior management"). As of September 2023 we have 35.3% female representation at senior management level, this includes 45% female representation at our Board level. We are pleased with the progress we have made but remain committed to improving our female representation at senior management level across our firm. You can see a full breakdown of our targets in our 2023 Inclusion Report.
- We are committed to providing spaces for diverse voices to be heard and lived experiences to be shared. We continue to invest in our diversity & inclusion networks, which have over 400 members and have been instrumental in promoting inclusive behaviours across the business.