KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, NETWORKING
- The retail and consumer market is one of the fastest evolving industries as a result of: technological integration, changes to consumer spending habits, increased focus on sustainability, changes in geo-politics and digital disrupters.
- The Retail and Consumer Network is a partnership between AG and an ever-growing cohort of in-house advisors from some of the largest international brands in fashion and beauty, food and beverages, supermarket and consumer goods.
- Our key objective for the Retail and Consumer Network is to provide a collaborative environment where in-house lawyers can receive technical training on a regular basis as well as the forum and opportunity to network with their peers in the industry.
- The Retail and Consumer Network is comprised of two sub-groups
The Learn group is focused on providing technical legal training on key issues that are likely to affect your day-to-day practice as an in-house advisor, as well as training on the key "soft" skills needed to become a trusted advisor within your business. We recommend that these sessions will likely be suitable for those who are paralegal through to 4 PQE, or those who are more experienced and simply want to refresh their skills. Some examples of topics covered in previous training sessions include:
- Intellectual property and brand development
- Key points when negotiating contracts
- Data protection and privacy issues
- A guide to consumer law in the EU, UAE and HK markets
- Team building
- Presentation skills
The Lead group is tailored for those who are 3 -4 PQE and beyond who wish to develop their skills and knowledge more acutely as they are faced with increased responsibility and reporting obligations in their organisation. The group provides an opportunity to sound-board off of peers and receive detailed and focused training. This will include:
- Roundtable discussions on key topics guided by AG lawyers with expertise in that field
- Opportunities to further hone and develop key skills – such as presentation skills, handling board meetings, optimising the operations of your legal function and leadership.
"The Academy is a forum we encourage and promote to our junior lawyers, it’s a space that provides regular high quality training and materials which not only benefit our junior lawyers but the wider legal team and business."
"It's an innovative way for junior lawyers to collaborate and discuss our collective challenges. AG introduce us to a range of concepts and encourage us to share common experiences in a comfortable, supportive and confidential space. This enables me to be open and curious and understand wider sector issues."
Shortlisted for Most Innovative Training in the Legal Week Innovation Awards 
Please contact Jack or Sophie, Co-heads of the R&C Academy if you would like more information