Anthony specialises in providing operational support and dispute avoidance/resolution advice to the domestic construction market, with a key focus on he built environment and energy sectors.
In the built environment sector, Anthony has particular expertise in advising on large-scale development/regeneration, mixed-use, and living projects, including in relation to fire safety issues and the Building Safety Act, as well as conference centres and community spaces. Anthony has a specialist practice in sports stadia, having advised numerous Premier League football clubs on stadium/training centre (re)developments, including on sector specific issues such as ensuring Academy Category 1 compliance.
In the energy sector, Anthony has particular expertise in renewable/clean energy, including wind, solar, gas, air/ground sourced, biomass, and energy from waste. This covers all of power generation, grid supply and district supply (including combined heat and power projects). Anthony's expertise extends to associated technologies such as carbon capture and battery storage, and emerging markets such as hydrogen.
Anthony is also managing numerous clients through the biggest recent contractor insolvencies, managing the completion of works on site, remediation of defects and recovery against financial instruments and relevant insurances.
Anthony's broad and varied experience covers the full construction supply chain, many standard form contraccts (JCT, NEC, ICE, MF1. FIDIC) as well as bespoke contracts (EPC/PFI/PPP/FM), and also the infrastructure, engineering, health/education, transport, logistics, water/utilities and waste sectors.
- Advising a main contractor in relation to a significant claim for delay/additional costs arising out of the extension/refurbishment of a listed city-centre venue due to immature design and changing employer requirements, requiring serial adjudications on matters of contractual interpretation and application to influence behaviours and create a route through the extensive issues in dispute.
- Advising a specialist turnkey EPC contractor in relation to the construction of distributed gas-powered power plants defending allegations of defective design in engine components, including the successful defence in a high-value adjudication.
- Advising a Premier League football club in relation to its stadium expansion project, following the insolvency of the main contractor, on the recovery of significant delay damages due to match day revenue loss, extra-over completion costs and defects remediation costs.
- A number of very significant Pre-Action and litigated cladding related claims analysing both applicable contractual terms and DPA obligations and considering the appropriate measure of loss and contribution in light of prevailing legal precedent and extensive technical (architectural, fire engineering, engineering and quantum) evidence.
- Advising a main contractor in relation to a significant delay/disruption and variations claim arising out of the construction of a world-leading, state-of-the-art applied sciences research institute, including the impact of working within two high-tech clean rooms fitted out to ISO standards 5 and 6.
- College of Law (Chester), Legal Practice Course
- University of Liverpool, LLB (Hons)