Ibrahim Siddiki is a corporate and M&A partner. Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner at a US law firm in Dubai and spent 14 years at leading UK and US international law firms in London and Dubai. Ibrahim joins the firm to establish its Saudi office and will be based in Riyadh. He is qualified and licensed to practice law in England and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Ibrahim has a cross border MENA corporate practice, with a strong focus on Saudi Arabia and UAE. He is considered a trusted advisor to government, corporate and private equity clients on M&A transactions (buy-side, sell-side and auction processes) and joint ventures in a wide range of sectors and has extensive experience advising clients on complex commercial contracts, general corporate advisory and regulatory compliance.
Ibrahim also has significant experience working on projects and project financings across the Middle East, including with respect to public-private partnerships, EPC contracts, O&M agreements and supply agreements.
He is fluent in English, Arabic, Urdu and Hindi.
- Al Tahalof Al Tamm – acquisition of Kudu Food Company (a restaurant chain with over 200 outlets in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) from private equity houses TPG and Actis
- Etisalat UAE – restructuring of its corporate structure and proposed conversion to a public joint stock company
- SCF Partners – acquisition of a minority interest in Gulf Energy, a leading oil and gas services company based in Oman with operations throughout the Middle East
- Investcorp Gulf Opportunity Fund – acquisition of a majority stake in L’azurde, the world’s fourth largest gold and jewelry manufacturer headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Investcorp Gulf Opportunity Fund – acquisition of a minority stake in Gulf Cryo, a leading industrial gases company based in Kuwait
- Sadara Chemical Company – various long term offtake agreements with the Saudi subsidiaries of international oil service companies for the sale and purchase of chemical and petrochemical products produced at Sadara’s chemical complex in Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Alamar Food Company JSC – day-to-day business activities as corporate counsel, including board of directors meetings, general assemblies, commercial agreements, employment affairs and joint ventures in Saudi Arabia and the GCC
- Sahara and Ma’aden Petrochemicals Company – project financing and operation of (i) a CA plant capable of producing 227 thousand tonnes per annum of chlorine and 250 thousand tonnes per annum of caustic soda and (ii) an EDC plant capable of producing 300 thousand tonnes per annum of EDC, together with storage and port facilities in Jubail, Saudi Arabia involving SIDF, PIF and Islamic bank funding
- Occidental Petroleum and Mubadala Petroleum – various contracts (including the development and production sharing agreement, joint operating agreement and the shareholder’s agreement) entered into with a GCC government in relation to an upstream development project
- Sanabil Investments, Olayan and Gulf Investment Corporation – $35 million Series C funding round in MoneyForAnyCar.com Ltd., a company offering used car valuation and sales services in Saudi Arabia and the UAE
- Saudi Aramco Entrepreneurship Center (Wa’ed) – early growth stage equity investments into Saudi SMEs, including in Grintafy, UnitX, Sadeem, Hazen, and Averos
- The oil marketing company (SOMO) of the Ministry of Oil of the Republic of Iraq – joint venture with Litasco (a Lukoil company)
- The oil marketing company (SOMO) of the Ministry of Oil of the Republic of Iraq – joint venture with Zhenua Oil
- Publications and Speeches
- "KSA Legal Market Update - Deal Trends and Key Regulatory Developments" Australia Saudi Business Council, May 2022
- "Contract Disputes in the Energy Sector," Qatar & Middle East: 3rd Annual International Arbitration Summit, May 17, 2017
"Ibrahim Siddiki is a 'partner that is fluent in KSA law, along with UAE and UK law. This broad legal knowledge, with both English and Arabic, makes him a unique and invaluable professional to deal with."
The Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M. 2009
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, L.P.C. 2007
- Oxford Brookes University, UK, B.A. 2006 – honors
- The Legal 500 EMEA, UAE Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2022
- Oxford Brookes University, Law Society, President
- Saudi Ministry of Justice
- Saudi Bar Association
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Bar Admissions
- Licensed by Saudi Ministry of Justice
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Arabic – fluent
- Hindi – fluent
- Urdu – fluent
- English - fluent