Niharika is an associate in the Banking & Finance team based in the Firm's Dubai office. Niharika joined Addleshaw Goddard in September 2023 from the Baker McKenzie Dubai office. During her time at Baker McKenzie, Niharika was seconded to Baker McKenzie's London office for six months. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Niharika gained experience at several magic circle and US-based international firms in Singapore, Dubai and Indonesia.
Niharika has experience acting on loan market transactions involving sovereign entities in MEA, DFI and multi-lateral treaty lenders; international and GCC financial institutions; Shari'a compliant financiers as well as fund and asset managers.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for the oldest privately owned bank in the UAE on a USD 100,000,000 financing for African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim) and later on the refinancing of the same.
- Acting for the a Dubai-based real estate and hospitality development group on a AED 720,000,000 acquisition financing for the purchase of a five-star hotel in Dubai, UAE.
- Advising a UAE-based Islamic bank on a AED 600,000,000 financing and refinancing of an apartment development in Dubai, UAE.
- Assisting on four cross-border diamond securitisations (as both issuer and noteholder counsel) across Canada, Belgium, Hong Kong, the USA, and the UAE.
- Advising a Swiss fund management company in relation to a USD 15,000,000 Murabaha financing structure.
- BPP Law School – 2021 – MA (LPC with Business), Business – 1st Class Distinction
- BPP Law School – 2016 – Legal Practitioner's Course, Law – 1st Class Distinction
- Durham University – 2015 – Bachelor of Laws – LLB, Law
- English (native)
- Hindi (native spoken)
- French (basic)
- Arabic (elementary proficiency)
- Bahasa (elementary proficiency)