Maren is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer who provides advice to clients dealing with complex construction and engineering projects. With a notable emphasis on the energy industry, she has extensive experience aiding clients in the oil and gas sector and more recently engaging with clients in relation to risk management in energy transition projects. She is well-versed in employing diverse dispute resolution methods such as mediation, international arbitration (LCIA, ICC, and LMAA), and high court litigation. Maren frequently handles cases involving international dimensions, managing competing proceedings in different jurisdictions.
In addition to her legal career, Maren has actively served on the board of directors for the Norwegian British Chamber of Commerce for several years. Her focus centers on the chamber's activities in the energy sector, which play a crucial role in fostering collaboration and trade between Norway and the UK. Furthermore, she is a board member of Lean In Equity and Sustainability, contributing to initiatives promoting UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising and providing ongoing project support in relation to an LNG project, including advice on potential termination and force majeure.;
- Successfully defending an adjudication arising under a FIDIC contract relating to technically complex issues of noise emission in relation to a the development of a powerplant
- Acting on a number of disputes relating to offshore drilling contracts;
- Advising on a series of adjudications arising out of the design of a major infrastructure project.
- Acting on a high value ICC arbitration arising out of a termination of a FIDIC contract.
- Norwegian – native
- French – basic
- German - basic