Kevin advises on a broad range of transactions relating to development, commercial landlord and tenant, investment acquisitions/ disposals, and real estate finance.
Recent work examples include:
- Landlord and Tenant: conducting all types of leasehold transactions on behalf of institutional clients including new lettings, surrenders and all aspects of associated asset management work such as licences to underlet, alter and assign. This has often involved conducting high profile, time pressured retail and office lettings in central London locations with complex pre-letting agreements.
- Investment: acquisitions and disposals in relation to both freehold and leasehold interests in commercial property, often subject to both commercial and residential tenancies. A particular highlight in this area involved assisting with the acquisition of a pre-let industrial site, which was in the course of construction at the time of acquisition.
- Real estate finance: advising both borrowers and lending institutions on the real estate aspects of property finance transactions including refinance, acquisition and development. Key experience includes assisting with a refinancing of a multi-let office building in respect of an £80m loan.
- Development: advising in relation to option agreements, overage, s106, strategic acquisitions and development finance. Examples include assisting with the negotiation of a development management agreement in relation to a high profile central London mixed-use development. Sectors include residential and mixed use developments, as well as on-shore wind.
- Law (LLB), University of Sussex (2008)
- Law (LLM), University of Sussex (2009)
- LPC, National Centre for Legal Training (University of Westminster) (2012)
- Year qualified - 2013