Susan is two years qualified having previously worked in various public sector governance and risk management roles with a particular emphasis on research, project management, document control and business continuity planning. Since qualifying Susan has built up a wide range of experience in large construction projects including the use of NEC forms and framework contracting and the JCT suite of documents.
- MAG's Capital and Professional Services Frameworks: Susan is currently part of a team advising Manchester Airport Group (MAG) on a set of framework agreements for procuring major capital works. The frameworks are based on the NEC4 ECC and allow for selection of options A, B C, D or E and the incorporation of advance works/ preconstruction activities. The total estimated expenditure over the life of the project is c£700m.In support of the capital frameworks project, Susan and the team are carrying out a similar exercise for MAGs professional services framework project utilising the NEC4 PSC and PSCC with the packages being designed to work with and complement the capital frameworks if required. The total estimated expenditure over the life of this project is c£125m.
- Tyne & Wear Metro Project: Nexus, the public body which owns and operates the Tyne & Wear Metro in the North East of England, is procuring a new fleet of trains as part of the largest scheme in the history of the network. The project hinges on the building of a new depot at Gosforth in Newcastle. Nexus are looking to let a separate construction contract (based on an NEC ECC Option A) for these works which will account for c25% of the entire project value of c£360m. Susan was part of the team advising one of the bidders on the terms of the proposed construction contract and on its interface with the remaining project agreements (including business, transfer, rolling stock maintenance and rolling stock supply agreements.
- Brough South: Susan has worked on the £200m, multi- year, multi-phase plan to develop the new town at Brough South near Hull. The Brough South team has put together all the construction documents for the project to date which has included contracts using NEC3 ECC Option A and consultant frameworks and call-offs. Susan has been involved in all aspects of the construction process including working with government agencies, private sector partners and construction specialists to manage the construction process, put in place contracts and procure warranties and third party rights in favour of interested parties.
- Leeds Beckett University: Susan has worked on a range of projects for Leeds Beckett University (LBU) utilising the NEC3 ECC and NEC3 PSC to carry out the works. Recent projects include drafting, negotiating and managing the contract documents for the state of the art specialist Carnegie Teaching and Research (CTAR) building. Similar contracts were put in place to design, build and install temporary buildings to house staff until the new CTAR facilities are open.
- Tritax Symmetry: Susan has worked with Tritax Symmetry on a range of development sites and has been active in liaising with the wider construction team in putting in place appointments, building contracts sub-contracts and associated warranties and security documents. Given the size and complexity of these sites, Susan's previous experience in project management and document control have been key in getting all the contract documentation in place.
- Columbia Threadneedle: Susan works as part of the team dealing with all construction related matters across Columbia Threadneedle's investment portfolio which has included utilising the JCT standard forms of contract including the D&B, Intermediate and Minor Works contracts. She also works closely with Columbia Threadneedle's project managers and colleagues in the Real Estate team to manage a range of ongoing projects.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Susan has worked on a number of teams drafting and negotiating complex agreements for advanced manufacturing and support facilities. This has involved working with other teams across Addleshaw Goddard to create bespoke agreements suitable for unique and large scale projects across the defence, nuclear and energy sectors.
- Lexology –" Introduction to the NEC4 suite of documents"
- Lexology – "The "New Flamenco" and benefits gained by asset sales following a breach of contract"
- Lexology – "Part 36 offers – latest developments"