Susan qualified in 2017 having previously worked in various public sector governance and risk management roles with a particular emphasis on research, project management, document control and business continuity planning. Since qualifying Susan has built up a wide range of experience in large construction projects including the use of NEC forms and framework contracting and the JCT suite of documents.
- United Utilities HARP Project: Susan has worked on various aspects of the first project utilising Ofwat's new Direct Procurement for Customers funding model including preparing documents for Ofwat's ongoing licence consultations and drafting aspects of the Project Agreement and NEC Option C works contracts. The team received a 'commended' in the 2022 FT Innovative Lawyer awards for this work. Susan also spent six months in house with United Utilities in 2020.
- MAG's Capital and Professional Services Frameworks: Susan was part of a team advising Manchester Airport Group (MAG) on a set of framework agreements for procuring major capital works. The frameworks are based on the NEC4 ECC and allow for selection of options A, B C, D or E and the incorporation of advance works/ preconstruction activities. The total estimated expenditure over the life of the project is c£700m.
- Houses of Parliament refurbishment: Susan has worked on a framework agreement as part of the Houses of Parliament refurbishment programme which has included developing call-off agreements based on various NEC4 forms of contract including the ECC, PSSC, ECSC, ECS, TSC and Supply Contract
- Scotia Gas Networks: Susan has worked on the £250m G2W project supporting the team in putting together the NEC ECC based works contracts and various supply contracts.
- National Grid Ventures secondment: Susan spent four months working in-house for National Grid Ventures, advising on a range of issues including the management and maintenance of various interconnector agreements, post-Brexit agreements with European counterparts and collaborators and the development of a number of new carbon capture and hydrogen projects
- Lexology –" Introduction to the NEC4 suite of documents"
- Lexology – "The "New Flamenco" and benefits gained by asset sales following a breach of contract"
- Lexology – "Part 36 offers – latest developments"