Simon specialises in corporate real estate M&A and joint ventures, advising investment/fund managers, financial institutions and large UK and overseas companies on a range of complex corporate real estate transactions.
His recent experience includes work on advising fund managers and investors in connection with the establishment of and/or investment into unlisted real estate funds, as well as joint ventures and major corporate acquisitions and disposals, representing land owners, developers and equity/debt providers.
- Acting for Aviva Investors on its joint venture partnership with Allianz to develop mixed-use retail and office buildings at 1 Liverpool Street and 101 Moorgate in the City of London and forming part of the new Crossrail infrastructure project. Including, acting on all aspects of the acquisition, construction, letting and management of both sites and associated ESG matters.
- Advising Watkin Jones on Project Dragon, involving the forward funding by funds managed by KKR of an 819-bed purpose-built student housing (PBSA) scheme in Bedminster, Bristol, in particular the Equity Commitment Letter documenting KKR's obligation to commit funding to the project.
- Acting for Square & Crescent on the redevelopment of the former Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh into a mix of luxury apartments and townhouses, in a club deal with a number of investors.
- Advising Ares Management on its acquisition of a number of companies comprising income producing and development sites to form a PBSA student accommodation portfolio in several UK cities.
- Acting for the BT Pension Scheme and MEPC on several regeneration projects, business parks and office developments in separate joint ventures with Canada Pension Plan in Central London, Paradise (Birmingham), Wellington Place (Leeds) and Milton Park (Oxfordshire).