Lauren is a legal director in the banking group, who leads our North West Asset Based Lending practice and is listed as a "Rising Star" in the 2023 edition of the UK Legal 500. Her practice is focused on the provision of advice on all aspects of cross-border and domestic asset-based lending to lenders, debt advisors and corporate borrowers s. In addition to the provision of advice at the start of a transaction, Lauren often undertakes ongoing portfolio work and has experience of guiding all parties through the process of terminating a transaction, both through re-financings and restructurings.
Lauren's experience includes:
- advising a leading pharmaceutical business on the refinancing of its working capital facilities including working with both the client and their syndicate of financiers to ensure that the legal documents contained sufficient security for the financier while retaining the flexibility required to allow the company to operate its business and an ESG element.
- acting as English counsel to a German based lender on the provision of £80,000,000 receivables facilities to the English and Scottish arms of an international printing group as part of a wider group financing.
- advised on the asset based lending aspects of a receivables finance facility to sit alongside a traditional loan facility for a large national recruitment group
- leading a team across three jurisdictions to advise a major retailer of baked goods on the refinancing of their receivables facility with an independent lender
- acting for an independent lender in providing secondary finance to a major luxury goods retailer behind senior receivables purchase facilities, including structuring of inter-lender arrangements to ensure that the requirements of all lenders were met
- acting for a syndicate of independent lenders on the provision of asset based lending facilities to a national drinks manufacturer