Laura is a Senior Manager in the Innovation and Legal Technology ("ILT") team. Laura co-heads the Internal Efficiencies pillar within ILT alongside Emma Cox. The pillar focuses on improving and streamlining internal legal processes using creativity and innovative thinking for lawyers and support staff. Laura specifically focuses on the C&C and Litigation divisions.
Laura practised as an Employment lawyer previously and was a Managing Associate in the Leeds Employment team so she brings a wealth of experience to this role. Laura is known for her commercial, down to earth and pragmatic approach.
Laura's experience includes:
- setting up and running a key client account independently for a large supermarket client which involved s managing a team of eight junior lawyers with a focus on volume Employment Tribunal work for a large retail client. Reviewing work, advising them on strategy, client approach and progressing their knowledge and expertise. Using legal technology to enhance the service offering and streamline the approach.
- currently managing a team of Senior Legal Technologists and Legal Technologists as part of the two year graduate scheme on a range of Internal Efficiency projects such as complex HighQ tracking sites, large scale document reviews using AI, promoting the use of and supporting our tools across the business such as Bundledocs, Structureflow and Kira.
- working on firmwide strategic projects such as Transaction Managing involving a large scale overview of how we run transactions across the Firm.
- taking the lead on a refresh and relaunch of the Due Diligence platform and rolling out firm wide training to fee earners.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Law Association