Laura is a senior lawyer in our Leeds employment team. She is experienced in advising employers from various sectors including the retail, energy, finance and transport sectors.
Laura has significant experience in a range of contentious and non-contentious issues. She has undertaken two client secondments within the retail and energy sectors which provided valuable commercial insight to ensure her strategic advice is also tailored to specific business needs.
Laura has had extensive experience of advising clients on large scale redundancy projects, TUPE exercises and difficult senior exits. Laura now specialises in large scale Employment Tribunal litigation for a large retail client and its subsidiaries and is experienced in manning difficult multi-discrimination complaints to a successful conclusion.
Laura is known for her commercial, down to earth and pragmatic approach to complex legal issues.
- Setting up and running a key client account independently which involves managing a team of eight junior lawyers with a focus on volume Employment Tribunal work for a large retail client. Reviewing work, advising them on strategy, client approach and progressing their knowledge and expertise. Also, producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the client and its subsidiaries and being their main trusted contact on all employment matters.
- Working independently on a Court of Appeal claim for a large retail client involving Unfair Dismissal and Disability Discrimination. Negotiating a successful settlement for the client.
- Running a multi-discrimination claim for a large retail client which resulted in a 10 day Hearing in the Employment Tribunal. Work involved taking witness evidence from eight witnesses and working on a substantial document bundle. Also, communicating with a difficult Claimant and his representative.
- Working on a large scale TUPE exercise as part of an outsourcing of mobile services for a large retail client. Negotiating and drafting complex TUPE schedule to ensure client's exposure to employment liabilities minimised.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, getting up to speed quickly on complex and changing legislation and providing tailored and commercial advice as appropriate in order to navigate clients through this unprecedented time.