- Extensive experience in the administration of high value estates with complex issues and assets, including agricultural and business property, overseas assets, related trusts, tax mitigation schemes and structures, property sales and tenancies, employment issues, commercial property transactions and family litigation such as removing personal representatives, caveats and potential claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Providing practical advice to executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries, including providing assistance with the preparation of HMRC documents and court papers leading to the issue of the grant of representation (grant of probate or letters of administration with or without the will annexed).
- Advice on post death Inheritance Tax planning including the use of Deeds of Variation.
- Successful technical and pragmatic negotiations with HMRC for Inheritance Tax and other tax issues, particularly in respect of agricultural and business property relief claims for Inheritance Tax and historic double trust schemes and home preservation schemes.
- Cross border estate issues including dealing with the tax and succession law implications for UK and non-UK deceased domiciles / residents holding foreign property and liaising with lawyers and officials in other jurisdictions.
- Advising high net worth individuals on all aspects of private client work including lifetime succession and Inheritance Tax planning, the preparation of wills and creation of trusts, deputyship applications and the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Professional Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives