Mary specialises in advising testators, executors and beneficiaries on all legal and tax issues arising in relation to the drafting of Wills and the administration of estates. She also advises on appropriate trust structures for estate planning and asset protection purposes.
Mary liaises with the Finance team in relation to the provision of advice concerning bank dealings with Executors, Administrators and Trustees regarding outstanding liabilities and loan restructuring where Estates or Trusts are involved. She advises donors, trustees and beneficiaries on all legal and tax issues arising in relation to the establishment, administration and winding up of trusts, both personal and charitable to include the appointment and retirement of trustees, appointments of trust properties and interpretation of trust documentation.
Mary is experienced in advising individuals on the establishment, administration and taxation of both private and public subscription trusts for incapacitated individuals. She also advises on capacity issues including general and enduring powers of attorney and Wards of Court matters.
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2002
- Certificate in Charity Law, Trusteeship and Governance 2018
- Diploma in Trust and Estate Planning 2010
- Diploma in Family Law, 2009
- Bachelor of Civil Law (International) – University College Dublin and University of Melbourne,1998
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Ireland