Chris specialises in real estate dispute resolution. He has been a member of the Real Estate Disputes team at AG since 2004. During this time, Chris has developed expertise in many aspects of property law and litigation procedure (including arbitrations). Chris is particularly experienced in all aspects of landlord and tenant dispute resolution, advising both landlords and tenants alike, enabling him to see both sides of the fence. In addition to landlord and tenant work, Chris has also advises in relation to adverse possession claims, injunctive relief and specific performance, trespass and possession proceedings and interpretation of contracts.
- Chris acts for a variety of institutional landlords with vast property portfolios, advising on issues such as 1954 Act lease renewals, landlord remedies following tenant's breach of lease, arrears and service charge disputes, tenant insolvency issues, dilapidations claims and alienation issues.
- Chris acts for several retail occupiers with vast property portfolios. In addition to requiring an in depth knowledge of the relevant law, this requires Chris to understand his clients' businesses in circumstances where their property portfolio is secondary to their primary business.
- Chris represents a national supermarket chain which holds property as both landlord and tenant. This requires Chris to advise upon a wide range of issues such as noise abatement, injunctive relief where access to stores is jeopardised, 1954 Act vacant possession schemes, residential sub-letting problems, service charge disputes and advice regarding restrictive covenants.
- Chris is one of the go-to people within the real estate disputes team in relation to possession proceedings/trespasser actions. Chris and the team are considered to be one of the leading outfits in the Country in relation to the removal of trespassers from commercial property, working closely with Enforcement Agents nationwide.
- In addition to this high volume caseload, Chris also manages large scale litigation, such as High Court dilapidations claims, interim and final injunction applications and complex arbitration proceedings concerning one-off high value disputes. Chris has excellent relationships with Barrister's chambers and works closely with Counsel where appropriate.
- Year Qualified
- 2005 Legal Executive (Addleshaw Goddard)
- 2010 Solicitor (Addleshaw Goddard)
- BPP Law School, Leeds
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
“Chris is an expert in his field with a very approachable and friendly manner, leading to clear and concise communication with the Team. He listens and is extremely quick on the uptake, responsive and intuitive, offering practical solutions. We enjoy working with him immensely.” Elizabeth Munsey, in-house Counsel at Vision Express