Ally specialises in construction and engineering disputes with a particular focus on the energy and utilities sectors. Ally is experienced in handling disputes across a broad range of subject matter and in a variety of forums. Much of the advice and assistance Ally provides clients, however, focuses on risk management, dispute avoidance and resolving issues at an early stage without the need for formal proceedings.
- Successfully pursuing High Court proceedings on behalf of a developer against a structural engineer in relation to the negligent design of a bus station.
- Advising a contractor JV on various multi-million pound contractual disputes with a major water company concerning its AMP4, AMP 5 and AMP 6 frameworks. Ally also acted for the same client in a series of multi-million pound sub-contractor disputes concerning the same frameworks.
- Advising a multi-national facilities management company in relation to a multi-million pound ad-hoc arbitration against a global technology company.
- Advising a global FTSE 100 manufacturing business with respect to signifcant delays and defective works arising with the construction of an advanced manufacturing facility.
- Successfully pursuing multi-million pound claims in both adjudication and arbitration proceedings with respect to the negligent design and construction of a bio-diesel and glycerine production facility.
- Year qualified: 2007
- University of Bristol – LLB