Ally has a wealth of experience of dealing with complex, high value, multi-party construction and engineering disputes across a broad range of subject matter and within a variety of forums, including litigation (up to the Court of Appeal), arbitration, adjudication and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Much of the advice and assistance Ally provides clients, however, focuses on risk management, dispute avoidance and resolving issues at an early stage without the need for formal proceedings.
- Acting for an oil and gas supermajor in defending a UK High Court claim for circa $80 million in relation to the provision and operation of a floating production storage and offloading vessel in the North Sea.
- Providing strategic risk management and dispute avoidance advice to a UK gas distribution company in relation to its circa £300 million project to expand the Northern Ireland gas network, including assisting with the resolution of various contractor disputes through both ADR and formal proceedings.
- Ongoing and repeat advice to the UK's largest listed water company in relation to issues arising with respect to its AMP5, AMP6 and AMP7 frameworks, including acting with respect to the resolution of various multi-million pound contractor disputes both by way of ADR and formal proceedings.
- Advising a multinational facilities management company in relation to a £35m ad-hoc arbitration against a multinational technology company.
- Acting for a UK contractor and Chinese contractor joint venture in relation to a series of multi-million pound disputes in respect of the construction of a breakwater for a LNG facility in Mexico.
"…knowledgeable, helpful and responsive. I have used many law firms on many matters over the years and I have rarely been as impressed as I was with the service we received on this matter."