Alan MacRitchie is a Managing Associate in our banking and financial services practice in Doha and he has been based in the region for over a decade.
Alan advises the leading regional and international banks and financial institutions across a wide range of sectors, including infrastructure, energy and utilities, oil & gas and petrochemicals. He particularly specialises in real estate financing and he has previously worked on several high profile transactions concerning prime real estate in Qatar.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard Alan has practiced in the Doha office of a premier local law firm and a leading global US law firm.
Alan's experience includes:
- Acting for a Qatari Islamic bank in connection with its QAR 1.8 billion (approx. USD$495 million) commodity Murabaha financing of a logistics project in Doha
- Acting for a conventional Qatari bank in connection with its QAR 1.2 billion (approx. USD$330 million) term loan to a Qatari real estate development company for the development of a spa and family resort and mixed use commercial and office building
- Acting for the SPV owner of a landmark high-rise building in downtown Doha in obtaining a QAR 1.458 billion (approx. USD$400 million) financing from a conventional Qatari bank by way of a 13-year tenored term facility
- Acting for a Qatari Islamic bank in the refinancing for the purchase and development of prime real estate in west central London by way of a commodity Murabaha
- Acting for a conventional Qatari bank in its provision of USD$250mn mezzanine financing for the construction of combined use Docklands real estate in London
- Advising a London-based Islamic bank in regard to its arrangements for the sub-participation by a Kuwaiti bank in a KD 30 million (approx. USD$100 million) Murabaha Facility
- Representation of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) in connection with the expansion of their US$9.9 billion refinery, ethane cracker, petrochemical complex and integrated water, steam and power conversion plant in Rabigh, KSA
- Representation of Saudi Aramco in connection with the development of an air separation plant for the supply of nitrogen and oxygen to the Sadara Chemical Company Project in Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Advising the FAST consortium in respect of their successful tender for the construction of two lines of the Riyadh Metro. Drafting various forms of template contracts for subcontractors. Assisting the consortium with advice on the negotiation of disputed change orders with the Arriyadh Development Authority