Imi has wide ranging pension law experience including having previously been a lawyer with the Pension Ombudsman office. She advises both Trustees and Employers alike on a wide range of pension related issues. She also advises on all pension aspects of scheme mergers, re-organisations and wind-ups including company acquisitions and disposals. She also advises on wide range of investment fund agreements including issues in relation to the establishment, operation and investment in funds.
She is also experienced in pensions litigation including internal dispute resolution procedures, Pension Ombudsman complaints and representative actions at the High Court.
Recent experience includes:
- advising LGPS in relation to funding obligations of Admission Bodies and changes in statutory regulations, which permit retrospective changes;
- advising employers on bulk transfers, transfer of past liabilities, dealing with deficits of existing plans and ensuring those liabilities are fully assessed and insured;
- advising and undertaking scheme rules consolidation exercises for defined benefit pension schemes;
- advising on GMP equalisation projects, benefit redesign and liability management projects;
- advising trustees negotiate changes including transition from final salary to defined contribution ensuring changes are accurately documented and clearly communicated to members.