Abbas is an Associate in the Employment Team based at our Leeds office. Abbas joined Addleshaw Goddard in March 2020 and has mixture of experience in both Employment and Commercial litigation (acting for both Claimants and Respondents).
Abbas advises on all aspects of employment law and is currently part of a high volume litigation team for a major, heavily unionised client with 140,000 employees.
Abbas has varied experience dealing with contentious and non-contentious matters:
- Advising on and managing employment tribunal claims, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and wrongful dismissal claims
- Drafting employment contracts, directors' and senior executives' service agreements, restrictive covenants, policies and handbooks;
- Advising on settlement negotiations, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements;
- Handling issues with employee misconduct, absence management and other day-to-day HR queries; and
- Providing support to corporate clients in relation to the employment implications of proposed transactions as part of due diligence exercises, including share, business/assets and property transactions.