Rebecca is a Managing Associate in the Financial Regulation Team specialising in payments, for which we are ranked "Band 1" by Chambers and Partners. Before joining AG, she was a Senior Legal Counsel at HSBC Bank plc advising on a number of areas of payments innovation.
Relevant experience includes:
- Assisting clients to re-engineer on-boarding journeys and implement new technologies across a range of financial service products, including deposit taking and consumer credit products.
- Frequently assists the leading banks and financial services players to bring new online banking platforms and mobile payment solutions to market.
- Providing advice to CMA9 banks on open banking pursuant to the CMA Order. Attendance at OBIE working groups and providing legal input into the OBIE Standards as they were being developed.
- Advising banks and authorised payment institutions on their implementation of PSD2.
- Assisting clients with applications to the FCA for AIS/PIS permission and advising on contractual arrangements with technical service providers.
- Advising on products that utilise payment systems, including the requirements for current accounts, e-money accounts, savings accounts, credit cards and other payment arrangements.
- Advises on regulatory change, specifically in relation to payment services (e.g. PSD2, the second Wire Transfer Regulations 2015. Payment Account Regulations, SEPA End Date Regulation 2012 and Cross Border Payment Regulations).
- The preparation of standard terms and conditions across retail financial services products.
- Co-authored UK Finance Guidance on PSD2 and is an active participant in the UK Finance payments and open banking working Groups.
- An active participant in Vendorcom events aimed at FinTechs and merchant users of payments infrastructure.
- Payment Services Bulletin, Thomas Reuters, 2016
- UK Finance Guidance on PSD2, 2019