Iain is a partner in our London Real Estate practice. Iain has 20 years' experience advising clients engaged in complex acquisitions and developments across a number of sectors. Iain has acted for some of the largest property companies in the UK, including British Land, Hansteen, LondonMetric, Delancey and Goodman. In addition, Iain has advised international investors and occupiers as they have looked to deploy capital and expand in the UK.
Iain has advised a number of Asian investors on some of the largest acquisitions in the UK over the last 3 years, including CC Land, Hengli Investments and Cheung Kei. Iain is also the relationship partner for WeWork, and has acted on the majority of WeWork's London acquisitions since they entered the market.
- Advising Hengli Investments Limited on a sale and leaseback transaction of Lloyds London HQ at 25 Gresham Street for £160m.
- Advising CC Land on its £292m acquisition of 1 Kingdom Street, Paddington from TH Real Estate.
- Advising Cheung Kei on its £260m acquisition of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf from Said Holdings.
- Advising WeWork on its UK expansion, comprising 30+ transactions, including the world's largest co-working space at 2 Southbank, and the acquisition of 25 Churchill Place in Canary Wharf from the European Medicines Agency.
- Advising GR Properties on its £135m acquisition of Juxton House, St. Pauls, from Standard Life.
- Year Qualified
- University of Manchester, BA (Hons) Accounting and Law (2000)