Iain specialises in advising clients on complex real estate investment and development projects. He has broad sector experience, having acted on some of the largest prime City office, logistics/industrial and retail deals in recent years, both for major UK PropCo's and foreign investors.
Iain has over 15 years' experience advising some of the largest property companies in the UK, including recently acting extensively for two top-10 UK REITs. He has also recently advised on three major investments in the City of London office space by leading Taiwanese insurers, and acted for a range of other foreign investors investing in the UK real estate market.
Representative transactions include:
- Advising Hercules Unit Trust in connection with the disposal of Parkgate Shopping Park in Rotherham for £176m (2015)
- Advising Shin Kong Life Insurance Co. Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of 40 Gracechurch Street, London for £136.6m (2015)
- Advising British Land in connection with the disposal of three assets – Kingswood Retail Park,Hull, Rackhams Store, Birmingham and Grenfell Island Office Complex, Maidenhead for £215.35m (2014)
- Advising Fubon Life in connection with the acquisition of Bow Bells House, London for £185m (2014)
- Advising LondonMetric Property in connection with the disposal of One Carter Lane, London to Fubon Life for £138m (2014)
- Advising LondonMetric Property in connection with the disposal of One Fleet Place to Takenaka Corporation of Japan for £112m (2013)
- Advising Hercules Unit Trust in connection with the real estate aspects of the second tranche of a £700m re-financing of the retail portfolio of Hercules Unit Trust, a British Land managed fund. This followed advising in connection with the first tranche funding in 2011 (2012)
- Recommended in Legal 500 (2016 Edition)
- Ranked as a Leading Individual in Chambers & Partners UK (2016 Edition)
- Year qualified: 2003
- University of Manchester - BA (Hons) Accounting and Law
- College of Law, Chester - LPC