Anna has been in the Addleshaw Goddard Restructuring team for over 12 years, starting her career in the Leeds office. Following a nine month secondment in 2011 to a clearing bank Anna moved to the London Restructuring team in 2011. Anna recently returned to the team having spent 10 months on secondment to a clearing bank's restructuring team.
Anna has a broad practice area in the restructuring and insolvency space. Anna acts for a number of clients including funds, corporates, lenders (including ABLs) and insolvency practitioners in relation to turnaround solutions including debt and equity acquisition, restructuring and disposal at all stages of the cycle.
Anna's clients include clearing Banks, PNC, Leumi ABL, the Big 4 accountants and FRP and she has recently led a number of large, complex and high value transactions.
- Following a considerable director advisory piece of work for London Restructuring, Anna was instrumental in closing the pre-pack sale of Evans Cycles to Sports Direct which resulted in the preservation of jobs and stores. Anna acted for PWC as Administrators in respect of this transaction
- Led the pre pack sale of a haulage business for FRP as Administrators, this included the transition of 1,000 vehicles and circa 1,500 staff in a very condensed timeframe
- Advisor to the Administrators in respect of a circa £200 million care home group on their exit from appointment and assisting the ultimate secured lender (a US fund) in setting up a platform to hold care home assets. Anna led this transaction for nearly 3 years and has then subsequently advised the US fund in respect of bringing in specialist operators
- Leading on the pre-pack sale of the first major P2P borrower failure (circa £35 million bilateral lend). The borrower was pre-packed back to the P2P Lender, and this gave valuable insight as to how a P2P Lender operates in a distressed scenario
- Advising a private sector client in respect of the collapse of Carillion and the migration of a number of large FM contracts to new operators. This included a number of hospitals, prisons and infrastructure projects
- Acting for an ABL in respect of the currently struggling Debt Management Plan sector where they have in excess of £50 million of exposure to multiple clients. So far we have advised them on three separate customers. Due to these businesses now being FCA regulated and the nature of the assets the exit process from this type of lending is complex with difficult regulatory issues
- Director advisory role for a £60million family metal trading business, which ultimately led to a solvent refinancing of the business via a new ABL funding line
- Lead a team that delivered a review of nearly 7,000 facility and security documents in a 3 month period in respect of a clearing bank's ring fencing project, this involved managing an international team of fee earners in excess of 100.
- Professional Memberships