As a trainee and now as an associate, Rachel has assisted with a broad range of matters, including many major commercial transactions and contractual matters within the rail, health and local government sectors.
- Department for Transport, West Coast Partnership – advising the Department for Transport in relation to and drafting various elements of this headline new franchise agreement.
- West Midlands Combined Authority, Stations Programme – working as part of the co-located Rail Programme Team, advising in relation to the delivery of WMCA's ambitious stations programme that involves a combination of 7 new or majorly refurbished stations. Including advice regarding the required Network Rail documents (e.g. Asset Protection Agreements), funding documents and co-ordinating the inclusion of specialist teams from elsewhere in our firm.
- West Midlands Combined Authority, Wednesbury to Brierley Hill Tram Extension – advising the Combine Authority on all rail legal / property aspects involved with its proposed 11km expansion of the Midland Metro tram system, including various complex rail regulatory issues, real estate aspects and a suite of asset protection and other agreements with Network Rail. The agreements need to be flexible enough to accommodate possible future proposals to reopen the rail corridor for shared tram / freight train use.
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust – advising the Trust on the establishment of a wholly owned subsidiary to deliver the Chase Farm Project, a £200 million redevelopment of Chase Farm Hospital.
- Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council – advised the Council in relation to a second generation ICT Outsourcing contract to replace its existing arrangement. This included taking the lead on all drafting matters and working up the commercial position with the Council, preparing a detailed services contract to reflect the Council's specific requirements and giving detailed advice on complex interface issues.
- Graduated July 2014 – First class honours in Law from Bangor University
- 2015 - LPC with Commendation