Heather is a Legal Director in the Corporate Tax & Incentives team advising on corporate and real estate transactions. She is responsible for advising on the UK tax aspects of mergers & acquisition work, investments and private equity structuring for both PE houses and UK Management.
Heather has extensive experience advising on Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) since its introduction in Scotland in 2015 and continues to advise on SDLT in relation to cross border transactions. He advice to real estate clients includes structuring for VAT purposes and Construction Industry Scheme registration requirements.
Heather also works with her employment colleagues advising on the tax issues arising including IR35 / off-payroll working in the public and private sector.
- Advising Pirtek Europe Holdings on its £200million sale to AIM quoted Franchise Brands Plc.
- Advising on the Shareholders of Envevo Ltd, leading UK based, EV charging business, on an investment from TowerBrook Capital Partners.
- Acting on behalf of property investment clients in respect of Revenue Scotland enquiry in relation ot LBTT liability of student accommodation.
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (2006)
- University of Strathclyde (2003)
"Other standout names include ... Heather Gibson who often advises overseas corporates on arising tax responsibilities."
Legal 500 2023