Chris qualified into Addleshaw Goddard's Corporate team in 2015 and specialises in advising investors and management teams on all aspects of the private equity investment cycle, including buyouts, minority investments, exits and portfolio management. Chris also works with clients on mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate matters.
Chris has worked with a number of businesses, from start-ups to large financial institutions and FTSE 100 companies. In 2016, Chris spent six months on secondment with one of the world's largest banks, and in 2014 spent six months on secondment with a global reinsurance business.
Chris' sector interests are broad and have included, among others, financial services, tech, retail, leisure, business services, healthcare, real estate and energy.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Terra Firma on its acquisition of housebuilder Hopkins Homes;
- Limerston Capital on its acquisition of holiday parks operator Largo Leisure;
- Synova on its investments in medical research provider Charnwood Molecular, consumer services business Pacifica Group, insurance broker AllClear and software business Avantra (previously Syslink Xandria);
- AllClear on its bolt-on acquisition of InsureandGo;
- Charnwood Molecular on its bolt-on acquisition of Aurelia Bioscience;
- ECI Partners and other shareholders on the sale of SAP consultancy business Edenhouse to Accenture;
- Terra Firma on the break-up of the Wyevale Garden Centres group;
- Synova on the sale of Defaqto to SimplyBiz;
- LDC on its investment in Right Choice Insurance Brokers;
- ECI Partners on its investments in comparison service Bionic (previously Make It Cheaper) and retailer Evans Cycles; and
- Associated British Foods on its acquisitions of the Greencoat portfolio of animal nutritional brands and protein shake manufacturer Reflex Nutrition.