Chris qualified into Addleshaw Goddard LLP's Corporate team in 2015 and specialises in advising investors and management teams on all aspects of the private equity investment cycle, including buyouts, minority investments, exits and portfolio management. Chris also works with clients on mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate matters.
Chris has worked with a number of businesses, from start-ups to large financial institutions and FTSE 100 companies. In 2016, Chris spent six months on secondment with one of the world's largest banks, and in 2014 spent six months on secondment with a global reinsurance business.
Chris' sector interests are broad and have included, among others, financial services, tech, retail, leisure, business services and energy.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Terra Firma Capital Partners on the break-up of the Wyevale Garden Centres group
- Synova Capital on its investments in medical research provider Charnwood Molecular, consumer services business Pacifica Group, insurance broker AllClear and software business Syslink Xandria (now Avantra)
- LDC on its investment in Right Choice Insurance Brokers
- Synova Capital on the sale of Defaqto to SimplyBiz
- ECI Partners on its investments in utilities comparison service Make It Cheaper and retailer Evans Cycles;
- the shareholders of debt advisory business JCRA on its sale to Connection Capital
- Associated British Foods on its acquisition of protein shake manufacturer Reflex Nutrition.