Matt is a Legal Director in our litigation team, specialising in financial disputes. His practice is diverse, encompassing complex, thematic and strategic disputes for large financial institutions and corporates and wide ranging claims involving real property, professional negligence and trusts. He has also spent time working offshore and is familiar with Jersey trusts and legal landscape.
Matt has valuable in-house experience, having been seconded to two major retail banking clients, where he led complex portfolios of cases, managing both internal stakeholders and multi-jurisdictional matters
- advising a major client on a multi-million pound claim for breach of contract and a collateral counterclaim for alleged breach of an unwritten, implied contract
- advising a large multinational financial institution in respect of a multi-party, £10m pound claim for unlawful means conspiracy and unjust enrichment
- advising a client bank in a £40m claim for dishonest assistance and conspiracy
- advising a corporate client in respect of a £20m dispute with its main outsourced reprographics supplier
- advising clients on APP fraud and the 'Quincecare' duty and defending related claims
- advising several client banks in relation to claims made by customers alleging mis-selling of interest rate hedging products, including acting in respect of a thematic s166 review.