Raj is a Managing Associate specialising in energy, transport, infrastructure and renewables projects. He acts on a wide range of matters, including energy regulation, infrastructure asset management, rail related development projects, solar and wind renewable projects and corporate M&A.
Raj's experience includes advising:
- A range of owners and managers of infrastructure assets (including, hospitals and schools) and on a broad range of operational and asset management matters, from variations on existing projects to exit arrangements, settlement of disputes and payment issues.
- A project finance lender on the replacement of an insolvent facilities management contractor across a range of schools projects.
- Advising a prestigious car manufacturer on a solar panel expansion (roof top and car port) and battery storage project to serve its current and future production site needs, as well as advice on the export of 'spill' electricity and Grid hosting/access arrangements.
- Sainsbury's on its agreement with GE Current to provide LED lighting across the Sainsbury's and Argos estate.
- BP in relation to its re-entry into the solar market via a $200m investment into Lightsource Renewables Limited.
- Peel Energy on the construction/project finance elements of two wind farm projects (with a total installed capacity of more than 50MW and 8 MW respectively).
- London Luton Airport Limited on its procurement of a mass passenger transport system to transport passengers from Luton Airport Parkway station to the airport terminal.
- Drafted hire and maintenance agreements for a private wagon hire company in connection with its hire of multiple steel wagons to third party (including maintenance).