Elly specialises in commercial real estate, having practised in England since 2012. While her roots are in real estate she has always enjoyed working on matters with a broader scope involving multiple stakeholders, such as the novel Canterbury Earthquake land settlement claims in New Zealand with a more recent focus on PPI/PFI style projects, in particular on development matters. She has been involved in all aspects of real estate including asset management, acquisitions and disposals, property financing and renewable energy sites and jumped at the opportunity to do a secondment with the AG Innovation and Legal Technology Team.
Clients value her pragmatic approach and ability to offer commercial solutions and she is the client relationship manager for a number of key development clients.
Recent examples of Elly's experience include:
- Liberty Living – producing template documents to stream line internal processes, providing a digital platform to collate and share information, drafting agreements to deal with changing occupancy arrangements, marketing agreements and dealing with ad hoc queries around operational requirements.
- The Bargate Quarter – acquisition in different tranches from receivers, the local authority and private companies, financing the development, vacant possession strategy, advice regarding disputes, disposal of elements not required for scheme, development, stopping up order, CPO, negotiating infrastructure agreements and pre-lets of a mixed use scheme in Southampton City Centre.
- University Partnerships Programme – advising in relation to the partnering, construction and facilities management arrangements in the context of new student accommodation schemes including at the University of London, and University of Exeter and ad hoc operational issues.
- Land Improvement Holdings – advising LIH (as co-investor and land-owner) on a phased development in joint venture with Taylor Wimpey, of at least 350 new homes on rural land and ensuring that the viability of development of the retained land was not compromised by future proofing the scheme.
- HUB Residential – acquisition, restructuring of land interest, development, funding, plot sales by way of long leasehold, assistance in establishing the services and service charge regime, dealing with the customer supply heating agreements, Help to Buy supplier agreement and disposal of the developer's interest in the scheme following practical completion.
- Aviva Lime Property Fund – advice on the forward funding of 70 townhouse apartments to be operated by the University of Lincoln.
- Dandara – the disposal of a multi site 2,000 build to rent units portfolio structured as a corporate disposal to German investors.
- Various – Buying and selling properties and property management work for clients on their portfolios including lettings, surrenders, reversionary leases, licences etc.
- Professional Memberships
- New Zealand Law Society
- Women in Property
- British Property Federation
- Kiwis in Property (UK)