Aymar Claret de Fleurieu is a Managing Associate in our International Arbitration Practice, based in Paris, France. He acts as counsel in arbitration proceedings, both ad hoc and institutional. His practice includes both investor-State and commercial arbitration, with a particular focus on the energy, construction, competition & distribution and post-M&A sectors.
He also acts in post-arbitration proceedings (annulment and enforcement of arbitral awards) before French courts.
Aymar is a lawyer at the New York and Paris bars. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, he practiced for six years in one of France’s largest international law firms and worked as an assistant to Professor Jennifer Hillman at Georgetown University.
Clients describe Aymar “as organized, efficient and always on the top of his cases.” (Legal 500 EMEA - 2023).
Recent experience as counsel includes:
- Representing a leading energy provider in two ad-hoc arbitration procedures initiated by its distributors following the termination of their distribution agreements
- Representing a company active in the automotive sector in an ICC arbitration related to the violation of a contract for the delivery of spare parts by a Chinese contractor
- Representing a German aluminium company in an ICC arbitration resulting from an M&A transaction, related to the interpretation of the Seller’s representations and warranties
- Representing a Swiss company in an ad-hoc arbitration against its Belgian business partner and connected to a distribution contract in the railway industry
- Representing a Swedish investor in an ICC arbitration in a post-M&A dispute in relation to the warranties given by the Seller
- Representing a leading French pharmaceutical group in an ICC arbitration related to the representation and warranties given by the seller following the purchase of a company in Nigeria
- Representing a German investment fund in an ICC administered procedure related to the adjustment of the purchase price following an M&A transaction
- Representing an Egyptian company in an arbitration administrated by the Hungarian Court of Arbitration of Budapest against a Hungarian company following the termination of its agency agreement
- Represented a Romanian company in an annulment procedure initiated by an Indian company before French courts, against an ICC arbitral award relating to a supply contract in the energy sector
- Representing a major French agri-food group in an arbitration administered by the International Seed Federation against one of its Russian distributors, in relation to the violation of a distribution agreement
- Member of the New York Bar (2018)
- Member of the Paris Bar (2019)
- Georgetown University – LL.M. in International Legal Studies, Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution (2016)
- University of Strasbourg – Post-Master Degree in Public International Law (2015)
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas – Master Degree in Private International Law (2014)
- French (Native)
- English (Fully proficient)
- Spanish (Proficient)
- Brexit and Legitimate Expectations: A Case for Foreign Investors? and A Roadmap to the Legal Aspects of Brexit, in Legal Aspects of Brexit, eds. J. Hillman & G. Horlick (Institute of International Economic Law, 2017).
- “Aymar Claret de Fleurieu is organized, efficient and always on the top of his cases.” (The Legal 500 (2023) – International Arbitration (EMEA)