Asila is an Associate in our Finance practice in Oman. She has experience in large-scale debt restructurings, Islamic and conventional financings, including project finance, asset finance, real estate finance and corporate finance transactions, as well as capital market transactions.
Asila is qualified as a lawyer in both New York and England & Wales. Prior to joining our Oman office, Asila worked in a leading international law firm in London, Dubai and Muscat.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Omani family-owned multi-industry group on the restructuring of its secured and unsecured US$1,800,000,000 debts under multiple bilateral facilities provided by over 20 commercial banks to the parent and individual operational companies over multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a borrower group in the UAE (forming part of an Omani family-owned multi-industry group) on its US$ 200,000,000 restructuring of its existing secured bilateral facilities to a group of regional financiers including introduction of new secured facilities and perfecting securities.
- Advising Oman Investment Authority and Oman Telecommunications Company SAOC in connection with its US$114,000,000 Islamic Finance Facility to leverage The Pearl Real Estate Investment Fund, the first publicly listed REIT in Oman in respect of the Omantel Building and the Lulu Building in Oman and associated securities.
- Advising Oman Telecommunications Company SAOG on its US$ 610,000,000 revolving credit facility from Bank Muscat SAOG facility.
- Advising Sohar International Bank SAOG as Issuer on the redemption of its 2017 Tier 2 Capital Securities.
- University of Law, London - 2016
- SOAS, University of London - 2015