AG's reputation as an expanding force in the UK Real Estate sector has been further strengthened today following the recruitment of four new partners.
William Boss, Luke Harvey, Michael Scott and Simon Tager are joining from KWM to bring additional scale and experience in support of Addleshaw Goddard’s focus on the real estate sector.
Their appointments follow the recent arrival of Iain Hindhaugh, also a real estate development and property investment specialist, into the firm's real estate practice which is one of the largest in the UK.
Each of William, Luke, Michael and Simon are well known in the City for their work across a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions and large scale development projects. In combination they have extensive experience in residential, business and retail development, including site acquisition, high-end development finance, speculative and pre-let development, and in establishing management structures.
Acting for quoted property companies, institutional investors, developers, lenders and occupiers, particularly in the retail sector, they have handled the acquisitions and disposals of a wide range of very significant investment properties and advice on real estate joint ventures. Clients include Marks & Spencer, The Crown Estate, British Land and Battersea Power Station.
Leona Ahmed, Head of Real Estate at Addleshaw Goddard, said: "We are delighted to have these partners join us. This latest investment is very much a part of our significant commitment to the Real Estate Sector and consistent with Addleshaw Goddard’s wider strategic goals. We have for some time been looking to augment our team and the skills and profile of these partners are massively complementary to the existing team, as well as bringing new opportunities for the combined group."
With 47 partners and 230+ other lawyers, Addleshaw Goddard's dedicated real estate team is one of the largest in the UK. The firm's sector capability is further strengthened by genuine market expertise and insight across all disciplines advising financial institutions, government agencies, listed property companies, overseas investors, construction contractors, private entrepreneurs, private equity real estate funds, corporate occupiers and professional services organisations. The Division also works with clients spanning Addleshaw Goddard’s other core sectors (Retail & Consumer, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Health, Digital, Industrials).
Over the last 12 months the real estate practice has reinforced its leading position in the Leeds and Manchester markets and has continued to develop a position of strength in the City real estate market, acting on some of the biggest and most high profile projects for clients including British Land, Bruntwood, Hammerson, National Grid, Sainsbury's, Travelodge, Threadneedle, Standard Life, Scottish Widows.
Notes to editors
Representative client assignments
William Boss (Partner since 2005; Real Estate Head 2013; European Managing Partner 2014-2016)
- Acting for Marks & Spencer plc on its key developments across Europe, such as the development of the M&S head office at Paddington Basin, the acquisition of anchor stores, portfolios sales and leaseback arrangements and corporate property restructuring
- Being operational partner for the Crown Estate in relation to its Regent Street portfolio, advising on joint ventures, acquisitions, disposals, lettings and management
- Advising Southgate Limited Partnership on its 37,000 sq m retail-led mixed-use scheme at Southgate, Bath, including disposal of anchor units to Debenhams and Boots
- Advising 78 Cannon Street Limited Partnership on its 38,000 sq m office/retail redevelopment above Cannon Street mainline and underground stations
- Advising Terra Firma on the acquisition of the Garden Centre Group Ltd
- Advising retailers such as Christian Dior, Uniqlo and DSG International on their occupational requirements.
Simon Tager (Partner since 2015)
- Acting for Marks & Spencer plc on its key developments across the UK, such as the development of the M&S head office at Paddington Basin, the acquisition of both anchor and Simply Food stores portfolios sales and leaseback arrangements and corporate property restructuring
- Acting for Crown Estate in relation to its Regent Street portfolio, advising on acquisitions, disposals, lettings and management including on their most recent W4 and W5 South developments
- Advising Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited on a full range of investment transactional and development work
- Acting for KGAL on its purchase of 60 Gracechurch Street, London by way of a corporate real estate structure
- Advising retailers such as World Duty Free Group, Supergroup and VISA on their occupational requirements.
Michael Scott (Partner since 2006)
- Acquisition of Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre and five other properties in a portfolio sold by Wereldhave
- Forward funding of a 300,000 sq.ft. retail development in Hereford
- Redevelopment of the Debenhams Department Store, Oxford Street, London
- Joint venture with Barratt Developments, on its purchase of Aldgate Place, London E1 from Tishman Speyer
- Development of the 80-hectare Solstice Park project in Wiltshire, comprising a mix of light industrial, warehouse and logistics, retail, office and leisure uses
- An institutional purchaser: acquisition of a 160,000 sq.ft. office building in Bristol
- Leopard Guernsey on the development of a student housing project in Greenwich
Luke Harvey is joining Addleshaw Goddard as a Partner.