Our team has extensive knowledge of the derivatives sector, supporting clients of all types, on a range of specialisms.
We advise UK clearing banks, international banks, challenger banks, funds, building societies, corporates and non-institutional clients in relation to their internal treasury requirements, as well as advising on the negotiation of a wide range of trading documentation.
We specialise in ISDA, Repo and Stocklending documentation, as well as having good experience of FBF, Rahmenvertrag and IPBA.
Our team regularly advises lenders and borrowers on hedging arrangements in relation to underlying real estate and leveraged loan transactions, including Islamic finance hedging structures.
We have extensive knowledge of the derivatives regulatory environment, including the new requirements imposed by the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR). We also have considerable experience of litigation arising out of mis-selling and disputes concerning complex OTC derivatives.
Our expertise includes:
- Acting for lenders and borrowers in relation to their real estate and leveraged finance hedging
- Negotiation of ISDA trading documentation for corporate and financial institution treasury purposes
- Close-out netting enforceability reviews
- Advising clients on EMIR and other regulatory requirements affecting entities who enter into derivatives, including reporting, clearing and risk mitigation
- Advising on Islamic finance hedging structures and documentation
- Extensive experience of unwinding trading positions following bankruptcy and other termination situations
- Disputes relating to derivative products
Previous experience of working in invesstment banking means our team has strong knowledge of the broad range of issues facing banks and their trading counterparties, enabling us to give advice that is practical, commercial, and technically expert.