Thomas in an Associate within the Scottish Finance team, based in our Edinburgh office, and works with Finance teams across the UK. Thomas qualified into Finance in 2021 after spending 6 months of his traineeship in the team. Thomas's traineeship also included seats in our Real Estate, Litigation and Infrastructure, Projects & Energy teams.
Thomas has experience acting for a variety of lenders and borrowers in a wide ranking of banking transactions including general corporate lending and borrowing, real estate finance and healthcare finance. Recent experience includes:
- Acting for a UK bank in its provision of facilities to an established PLC pursuant to the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- Acting for a Singapore-based property investment group in respect of financing to facilitate the expansion of its UK hotel portfolio.
- Acting for investors in the refinancing of an Aberdeen-based international oilfield services company specialising in subsea robotics.
- Acting for a UK bank in relation to the funding of a group of English care home owners and operators to allow them to repay substantial shareholder loans.
- Acting for an international banking syndicate in connection with the provision of facilities to a multinational corporate group operating in the electrical power generation sector.